VP Vertical Sales
Full-time position, New York City, USA
Our mission at Ubimo is to help the greater media industry unlock new layers of intelligence by bridging the gap between the digital and physical world. We are pioneering the location intelligence market with an original and versatile SaaS platform.
Recently, Ubimo’s Polaris platform received industry leading recognition in The Forrester Wave™report, awarding Polaris the highest possible score in performance criterion. Through Polaris, customers are transforming how they enhance and expand their media, marketing and advertising offerings to drive meaningful growth in a highly competitive world.
We are looking for a Vice President of Vertical Sales to be the driving strategic force internally and externally, leading adoption of our SaaS platform across buy- and sell-side customers in the Out-of-Home and Programmatic market.
As the VP of Vertical Sales, you will be the strategic lead of the company’s field sales department. You will be responsible for overall adoption, success and growth of the Polaris platform for OOH and Programmatic Technology customers.
The role will involve maintaining an excellent understanding of Ubimo’s Polaris Location Intelligence platform, media and marketer trends across the industry, as well as the general product strategy and roadmap. The role will also involve building and maintaining a sales and revenue plan to meet and exceed the company’s revenue growth targets.
Expectations of the role are to drive meaningful pipeline activity and progress through new and existing customer engagements. Execution of the sales strategy will be primarily driven by your:
- Leadership and management of the existing OOH and Programmatic field sales team and new hires.
- Existing network and market relationships, identifying new opportunities, discovery exercises, and existing customer adoption growth.
- Partnership with senior and executive leadership, where existing strategic discussions can be capitalized on commercial relationships.
- Partnership with BD and Product teams to expand capacity to up/cross sell Polaris’ full suite of intelligence, data, and activation offerings.
- Drive the adoption of Ubimo’s Polaris platform across key OOH and Programmatic media, marketing and advertising customers.
- Be adaptable in a hands-on player/coach role with the existing sales team given the goal of bringing a new and emerging technology to market.
- Build and manage the enterprise sales strategy plan, activating the company’s go-to-market strategy for the OOH and Programmatic verticals.
- Build and lead customer acquisition targets and metrics, and partner with the executive team in forecasting and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, client success, and engineering teams to identify growth, customer needs, and marketing opportunities to accelerate pipeline.
- Provide market feedback to the executive, product and marketing team.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Be adaptable and flexible in an extremely fast moving market, as well as comfortable in an enterprise sales system to solve a wide array of client needs.
- Have an exceptional blend of business and technical acumen from the perspective of delivering scalable value to clients with enterprise software.
- Be a leader inside the office expanding and driving a fun, successful and performance driven culture.
- Have excellent market facing skills, working with and presenting to senior CXO staff, in addition to navigating sales cycles in a multiple-decision maker environment.
- Have the ability to be hands on and off when needed, while continuing to learn the Polaris software and market.
- BS degrees required / MBA Preferred
- Deep domain experience of 7+ years of relevant job experience leading and building teams, including work in the OOH/Location/SaaS and/or AdTech/MarTech.
- VP/RVP experience.
- Background experience in successfully bringing emerging technologies to market.
- Experience in building and recruiting sales teams from standing start to 10+.
- Proven track record in implementing systematic sales processes, creating scalable customer engagement and sales efficiencies in order to scale.
- Experience in Location, Analytics, OOH, Programmatic and Technology companies is a plus.
Ubimo is a SaaS location intelligence company that empowers businesses to understand and act on real-world behaviors, bridging the knowledge gap between the digital and physical worlds.
Using advanced AI technologies, we combine behavioral data on over 150 million monthly active users, with the most comprehensive geographic index in the US.
Ubimo’s platform enables businesses to embed strategic insights into decision-making, improving performance across Shopper Marketing, Programmatic, Publishers, Retail, and Out-of-Home.