Ubimo is looking for an entrepreneurial, hands on leader to join our engineering team. This person will have the opportunity to bring leadership skills to practice, translating product requirements to engineering innovation. The right candidate will have the knowledge, expertise and drive to take our engineering team to the next level.
This person will work with Ubimo Realtime platform which processes more than 10 billion requests per day with 150K requests per second. Platform clients include major agencies as well as the internal Quotient team. The Realtime platform is composed of highly efficient, auto scaled cloud based services that involves interesting challenges such as memory efficient structures, high concurrency, data intensive pipelines and low latency networking. Experience in a similar setting is highly preferred.
What you will do:
- Grow the team and the skills of the team members by recruiting, mentoring, coaching, goal setting and performance measurement
- Lead a team of engineers in completing large initiatives while managing competing priorities in a demanding production environment
- Responsible for team’s technical strategy and roadmap
- Design and develop highly scalable platforms
- Take part in architecture reviews for complex technical projects and infrastructure upgrades
- Work collaboratively among cross-functional groups (Product Management,
Production Operations, Professional Services) and other engineering teams
- Lead and support the team in agile scrum development process with bi-weekly production releases
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent required
- 7+ years’ experience in software development
- 2+ years’ experience in managing teams of 3 or more
- Demonstrated experience in product development, production rollout/monitoring with proven ability to handle production escalations and support as needed
- Strong experience in Java/C++ programming
- Ability to collaborate and drive projects with cross functional teams
- Flexibility of schedule in order to sync with stakeholders located in New York.
- High verbal and written skills