Senior Java Developer
Full-time position, Tel Aviv, Israel
As a Java engineer you will design and create the next-generation Location Intelligence platforms. Our big data platform is handling more than 200K events per second and growing every month. As a result, we face large scale challenges of processing huge amounts of data, analyzing it and extracting various insights. Our ambition is to offer our clients the ability to gain powerful insights and to understand location trends. As a java engineer, you will work to scale the system, help building and improving our new Location Intelligence platform, and implement algorithms to calculate insights efficiently and elegantly.
- Design and create the backend for the location intelligence web application which will be used by our clients
- Design and create the location intelligence processing system which is responsible for providing high quality analytics and insights.
- Write well-designed, elegant, testable and efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Refactor existing code, from time to time, to improve maintainability.
- Supervise the production environment to make sure it’s performing well.
- Investigate technologies and architectural changes to improve performance.
- BSc in Computer Science
- Deep understanding of Java and the JVM
- 4+ years of experience with several web applications and large scale systems
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Can-do attitude
- Passion for quality and clean code
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with agile and scrum methodologies
- Experience with agile and scrum methodologiesExperience with multi-threaded systems
- Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in creating large scalable systems
- Experience working with Amazon EC2/ gCloud
- Experience with open source java libraries
- Experience with Spring/Spring boot
- Experience with data science oriented tasks