Please note that we may also disclose all personal information to (a) comply with federal, state, or local laws; (b) comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities; (c) cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we believe may violate federal, state, or local law, (d) when we sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction), or (e) to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
B. Categories of Business/Commercial Purposes for Our Use of Your Information
With the exception of Contact Information, all of the categories of personal information we collect about you (as detailed above) are used for the following purposes:
- Delivering and measuring relevant ads, offers or promotions to you
- For our operational purposes
Improving our existing Platform and developing new products and services
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity
- Bug detection, error reporting, and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our Platform
- Auditing consumer interactions (for example, measuring ad impressions)
- Short-term, transient use, such as customizing content that we or our service providers display to you
- Providing services for, and products to, our business customers and partners (such as brands and retailers), including advertising, marketing, measurement and analytics services on our Platform and elsewhere
- Advertising, marketing, measurement and analytics, on our Platform and elsewhere
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third-party advertising and communications about relevant promotions or offers from third parties
- Other uses that we notify you about
C. California Residents’ Privacy Rights
Subject to certain restrictions, California residents have the right under the CCPA to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
- Honor your opt-out of the “sale” of your information.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your access, deletion, or sale opt-out rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, for financial auditing purposes, and for compliance with applicable law.
The CCPA defines “sale” and “personal information” very broadly. Certain uses of your data described above may constitute a sale under the CCPA, as we currently understand it. If you would like to opt out of our use of your information for purposes that are considered a “sale” under California law, you email us at email@example.com and include “CCPA REQUEST” in the email subject line . If you want us to delete tracking cookies that enable targeted advertising, which allow us to provide promotions and offers relevant to you, you may do so here. If you clear your cookies after you asked us to delete tracking cookies, we will not be able to know that you made this request so you will need to opt-out again. Please note that we do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without legally-required affirmative authorization. We do not sell the Contact Information you provide us through our website.
If you would like to exercise any of these CCPA rights, please visit our privacy portal or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “CCPA REQUEST” in the email subject line. You will be required to verify your identify before we fulfill your request. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.